In this video, I discuss the famous quote “Winners Never Quit” whether it is true and if you should take it to heart and use it to overcome obstacles or if sometimes quitting is the best thing to do:
Origin of Winners Never Quit
“Winners never quit and quitters never win.”
“Winners quit all the time – they just quit the right things at the right time.” – Seth Godin, The Dip
- Abraham Lincoln failed twice in business.
- Vera Wang was a professional figure skater who failed to make it to the Olympics. She quit figure skating and went on to become one of the most famous fashion designers.
- Elizabeth Arden dropped out of nursing school and also quit job as as a receptionist and bank teller before becoming a giant in the beauty industry.
- Jack Ma was an English teacher and tried several business ventures that failed before founding Alibaba – an e-commerce business that has given Jack Ma a net worth of about $45.9 billion.
- Sir Richard Branson has a long list of failed ventures, including Virgin Cola, Virgin Clothes, Virgin Vodka, Virgin Cosmetics and Virgin Cars.
- Is the potential great enough to warrant you pushing through the difficult portion?
- Does the project fit with a powerful life purpose you have committed to?
- Hire someone to do the portions you aren’t good at.
- Set dedicated blocks of time to work on the obstacle.
- Take a course that will teach you how to get through the obstacle.
- Tap coaches and mentors.
“World-class performance requires world-class focus”– Garland Coulson “Captain Time”